The Lake City Permanent Supportive Housing program provides housing and supportive services to chronically homeless individuals with mental illness or substance abuse disorder to stabilize and prepare them for a life of independence. Volunteers of America of Florida is a 501c3 nonprofit with results-driven programming which is measured through outcomes.
Lake City Permanent Supportive Housing Program
- Case Management
- Independent living skills
- Safety, social, and empowerment skills
- Crisis intervention stabilization and support
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Development and follow up with Individual Life Plan
- Accepts 18 years or older male and female individuals
- Must be chronically homeless with a mental health disorder or substance abuse disorder
- Remain clean and sober
- Motivated to interact in the community through volunteer work, employment, or pursuing educational opportunities.Attend all medical and behavioral health appointments
- If applicable, pay program fee monthly.
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP)
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.